Been shopping for a Gaia-destroying four-wheel mode of transportation and reading Philip Bobbit's, difficult-to-read yet revolutionary tome, The Shield of Achilles:
- Brazil discovers massive 8-billion-barrel oil reserve adding to current inventory of 14.4 billion barrels. Yes, you read right. And Brazil isn't a member of OPEC.
- In other energy news: feasibility of solar-based power beams becoming commerically viable. Initial arrays in orbit circa 2016.
- Sunni sheikh fighting alongside of the U.S. in the Iraq against al-Qaeda assassinated by suicide bomber. Yes, al-Qaeda is in Iraq.
- Half of Australian Workplace Agreements (AWAs - or individual workplace contracts) deemed unlawful by Industrial Relations watchdog. Labor melts down. The Coalition claims that this shows the safeguards they put in place are working.
- In other political news, Labor proposes increase in funding of the Arts. The Coalition promises more funding of the ABC (?!). And sheep arrested after heckling the Prime Minister. Send it back to New Zealand! Looks like Customs need a boost in funding.